Thursday, January 28, 2010

Season 3 of Silhouettes and Cigarettes web series

 So it's kinda shocking to think about it, but the web series actually does have a few fans that are both extremely loyal to the show and very pleased that it's giving them another 9 episodes. I was originally going to just do two seasons of the web series, and after series one peaked and then fell off of the face of the earth I was set on it. But then a funny thing happened, I finished the two hour movie version of it and started working on the 100 hour film project "Silhouettes and Cigarettes" and discovered all this not yet used footage. So when the 100 hour version was finished in october of 2009, I got to work on picking what footage I wanted to makeup the third series. 

The end result is in my opinion the best group of episodes the series has seen since episode 2 and 3 back in early 2008.

Now I know that there are some people that have been complaining about series two. They are kind enough to not comment about it on the video links themselves, and instead message me their thoughts on facebook. I'll read all the "23" messages calling the second series nothing but a poorly cut version of the extremely poorly cut film. And I must admit that while I do enjoy parts of the second series mainly the new footage and the last four episodes, it does seem like the critics are correct in their views. 

Also it is hard to ignore the fact that the series' views and ratings have slipped since the end of the first season. mainly I feel due to the lack of voiceovers, the southflorida charactors no longer being major supporting features, and the much more dark nature of the main charactor. 

So for the weak ass second season and the months of waiting you die hard fans have had to wait I am sorry. But again I have to state that the third season is about a million times better and the creative energy is indeed back. There is even some talk of shooting some new footage next month when I visit south florida.

So here's the link to all the videos

http://www.youtube.com/user/RobertCrostonFilm

and here is the link to the first episode of season three

oh and yes the forrest footage will be addressed in the series finale. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=14Uaqr96_ao

No comments: